Thin Crust Dough is probably the most widely known type of pizza dough and is usually used for traditional pizzas throughout Europe and in the United States.
- 1 envelope of dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 3/4 cups of unbleached plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Step by Step Procedure
- Combine 1 envelope of dry yeast, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and 3/4 cups of lukewarm water. Mix a little and let sit for 6-8 minutes.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups of unbleached plain flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl or food processor.
- Pour the water combination into the bowl (or food processor) and mix until ready to knead (around 30 second in a food processor). If using a bowl, mix with a spoon until you have a neat ball.
- Prepare a lightly spinkled surface with flour. Turn out dough and knead for around 2-3 minutes. Lightly cover your finger tips with flour if the mixture is a little sticky.
- Roll out by hand for a 12'' base.
- Place in 12'' lighly oiled oven pan. Press out dough to form a slight lip.
- Prepare and apply your sauce and topping or choice.
- Cook in a pre-heated over (500F) for 8-12 minutes (times may vary based on different ovens. Fan assited oven will be quicker!).
- Remove from oven, slice and share with your favourite friends and/or family members :)
- As stated above, fan assisted ovens tend to cook pizza's quicker than traditional ovens.
- You can usually reheat your pizza in around 5 minutes. But beware that it's not advisable to reheat pizzas with a meat topping.